IOWA SELECT FARMS -- JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Accounts Payable Clerk
REPORTS TO: Controller
REVISION DATE: 2/14/2017
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the validation, processing and filing of invoices. The AP Clerk will ensure that all invoices are accurate and approved by the authorizing employee prior to making payment. Once proper verification and authorizations are received, the clerk is responsible for submitting payments in a timely fashion. The clerk is also responsible for collecting and maintaining files for all invoices, payments and tax information for vendors.
• Adhere to ISF bio-security policy at all times and report to management team any violation.
• Adhere to ISF animal wellbeing policy at all times and know reporting procedures when incident occurs.
• Adhere to ISF safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate safety equipment (PPE) for appropriate tasks and work in a safe manner.
• Accounts Payable
• Match invoices to purchase orders and packing slips – ensure appropriate approval.
• Reconcile vendor invoices and statements. Research and resolve any outstanding balances on accounts, including telephone, mail or email communications with vendors.
• Collect, organize and record information received from vendors and farms.
• Communicate with vendors about questions regarding invoices, deliveries, and statements.
• Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
• Data enter invoices for payment
• Code and enter invoices into the accounting system.
• Update Sales Tax Exemption Forms and send W9 to new vendors
• Complete credit applications as requested by vendors in order to establish credit limit
• Perform general clerical duties that include organizing and filing of information
• Provide supporting documentation for audits
• Provide feedback to supervisor.
• Demeanor should be positive and professional at all times.
• Attendance is critical. Be at work on scheduled days and be ready to walk into office by start time given.
• Be friendly, positive, helpful, team-oriented and respectful to co-workers and management team.
Bilingual: not required
• Previous Accounts Payable experience is preferred.
• Associates Degree in Accounting or related field a plus, equivalent combination of education and experience considered
• 1-2 years of accounting experience
• Deadline and detail oriented
• Ability to pay attention to detail, organize
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Office and ten-key skills
• Experience with Sage software or other ERP systems preferred.
This person must be motivated and be able to follow directions and complete tasks effectively. Thus, they must have initiative, organization, and dependability. This person must be able to handle stressful situations in a busy office environment.
Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 pounds and regularly walk and stand, and sit at a desk and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
This position requires the employee to work closely with managers, supervisors, production staff, and other employees, so teamwork and effective communication skills are very important. The employee must be able to, with or without accommodation, work in all facilities within the requirements of this job description.
This job posted by Iowa Select Farms company via Ziprecruiter.com. Don't miss this good opportunity ! Free for apply this job