Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions.
Learn what keeps Kapsch "always one step ahead" in people and technology by visiting our website https://www.kapsch.net/us/ktc
Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Software Engineer II for our office in Austin, TX.
As part of the Software Operations and Maintenance group, you will be providing leadership on enhancing and maintaining business applications used in the transaction processing system. The data layer is an Oracle back-end. The applications are mission-critical transaction processing systems, similar in nature to a clearinghouse-style banking application, but that processes toll transactions instead of traditional banking transactions. The system both connects the data layer to the consumers/produces of the data through services, as well as manages the lifecycle of objects through a workflow engine. We do deadline-focused, project-based work using a generic core that is customized/extended
for individual customers. PRIMARY PURPOSE
A Software Engineer in Operations and Maintenance group will be leveraging exceptional technical and project management skills to solve complex business issues. He/She will be the technical and functional thought leaders in the group. He/She will be a contributor to the architecture, development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications by providing specialized technical and business knowledge to projects and support initiatives. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to support teams in the analysis, design, and support of business applications
- Interface with client, software operations and developers to ensure that solutions and implemented accurately. Ensures operational and project understanding with supported customers through meetings and regular interaction beyond incident level events.
- Contributes a perspective that spans the disciplines of software development, solution design, and project leadership
- Team Oriented with ability multi task and prioritize activities so as to complete tasks and objectives independently and fully
- Leverages previous leadership experience to provide, coaching and mentoring to other Software Operations personnel
- Lead technical consulting support on projects and existing system support issues
- Evaluate software packages and make recommendations to management
- Participate with other IT staff, customers, and other stakeholders in project reviews, tests, and pilots
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions
- Able to communicate proficiently with other team members as well as business stakeholders
- Establish and co-ordinate software maintenance activities across different regions
- Strong leadership skills; ability to direct and influence others
- Creative and good understanding of object oriented systems. Easily relates well with others, answers questions clearly with confidence and where he is not sure he is asking the right question to get a better understanding
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on and knowledge of relevant technology tools and middleware.
- Proven ability to research, evaluate, and select products/tools needed to meet business requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks
- Strong experience with C++ and OO programming and concepts is critical
- Knowledge in middle ware(Java) and data representation technologies(XML)
- Knowledge of relational databases Oracle/PL SQL
- Have an understanding of the SDLC process
- Experience with Linux Administration/Management, including configurations
- Automation concepts and practical experience
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Sponsorship not offered for this position. Local candidates preferred.
The Kapsch portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging.
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers' entire value chain - from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.