Provides first level help desk support to clients via e-mail, phone, and service tickets. Support line-of-business applications, systems and software. The Technology Support Specialist will manage the flow of service tickets through creation, troubleshooting, escalation, and closure. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. This is a temp to hire opportunity.
- Responsible to instill company values: Respect, Integrity, Safety, Expertise, Unity, and Positive Energy
- Provide call handling and service ticket creation for all incoming technology support calls; to include issues with laptops/desktops, printers, user management, office productivity tools, and CRM Platforms
- Ownership of customer communication within defined response time goals from initial contact to final resolution
- Escalation of technical issues and/or questions as necessary within the IT team.
- Document all pertinent identification information, including name, location, contact information, and nature of problem or issue in our call tracking system.
- Solve technical issues using existing knowledge of key technologies and methodical troubleshooting, and facilitate repair through existing partners.
- Support the appropriate software and hardware used by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform hands-off fixes (via telephone and without remote access tools), including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Onboard new users to include setting up domain accounts, e-mail accounts/mailboxes; configure user accounts in IPI’s technology package (OneLink) as needed; image and configure new user workstations and laptops.
- Enter troubleshooting steps and instructions into the solutions database for future use.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process for each request. Include all successful and unsuccessful decisions made. Document what actions were taken through to the final resolution.
- Prioritize and escalate issues (when required) to the appropriate experienced team members, management and/or vendor.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of two years of college.
- 2-3 years of Technical Support experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2003-2012.
- Proficient in the use and support of Microsoft Office versions 2007-2016.
- Basic understanding of networking principles, IP addressing, DNS, DHCP.
- Preferred Industry Certification A+, Network+, MCSA, or MCP.
- Ability to respond effectively and timely to callers’ needs and issues.
- Ability to communicate and work with other departments within the firm (Sales, Marketing, IT, Operations, and HR).
- Excellent communication skills and professional phone etiquette.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative, and decisive.
- Possess basic project management skills and be able to work independently to accomplish successful project/ticket resolution.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology related field of study
- 3+ years Support Help Desk and/or Customer Service experience
- Sound business judgment and strong decision-making ability
- A passion for technology and continuous learning within the I.T field