Full cycle Accounts Payable Clerk who is responsible to compile, process, and maintain all accounts payable records. Responsible for all payments of goods and services necessary for manufacturing operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Match accounts payable invoices to purchase orders and receivers and voucher invoices for the operation.
- Monitor past due statements/invoices from vendors.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts relative to inventories/accounts payable and maintain standard cost supplemental schedules.
- Process invoices into computer system.
- Process check requests, garnishments and tax payments insuring all appropriate approvals have been received.
- Run an aging weekly choosing invoices for payment insuring all preferred vendors are paid within terms.
- Prepare wire transfer paperwork for international accounts using both US dollars and foreign currency.
- Audit credit card and expense reports for correct general ledger distribution and timely payment.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Prepares cleared checks for storage.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares general ledger analysis of accounts, as required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to accounts payable invoices and financial statements.
- Strong data entry – current volume averages 250-300 per week.
- Technical skills in account reconciliation; cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
- Planning and organization: possess the ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 2-5 Years Full Cycle Accounts Payable experience with some related work experience in Cost Accounting and/or Finance preferred
Hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
Position offers vacation pay, holiday pay, medical, dental and life insurance and 401K.