The Plant Accountant is responsible for assisting the Controller in all areas of accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, balance sheet account reconciliations, and month-end closing. Other responsibilities will include completion and submission of daily/weekly/monthly reports and project assignments as needed.
Ensure accuracy of detail, organization, and timeliness of completion, in all areas of responsibility. Communicate clearly and promptly with plant and corporate office to insure control & compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Assume personal responsibility to learn and grow into Assistant Controller role within 3 years.
• Hands on approach to all plant inventories to include physical inventories, cycle counting, accurate valuation and improvement of all related processes. Must be plant’s leading expert in all inventory procedures and systems.
• Take on responsibility for all tasks assigned in the areas of monthly close, AP, AR and balance sheet reconciliations.
The Plant Accountant must be able to recognize and respond to situations that require a sense of urgency or are the result of non-compliance with corporate policy(s). This person should have the ability to assess various situations and environments objectively. The Plant Accountant must always understand the importance of acting ethically and appropriately in all business situations.
1. Education: High School Diploma is required. College degree or some college is preferred.
2. Work Experience: 0-1+ years in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
3. Skills: Strong Excel Spreadsheet working knowledge, ability to quickly learn multiple systems and their interactions, ability to get things done in an accurate and timely manner.
4. General: Very high attention to detail, good organizational skills, good communications skills, reacts well to time pressure, comfortable working in plant environment and is motivated to learn all aspects of the manufacturing operation.
Ability to read and interpret financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, volume, and net present value.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer literate (MS Office including Word and Excel as well as accounting software)
Proficient knowledge and application of accounting principles
Quality standards – both ISO and QS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The performance of the Accountant will be measured as follows:
• Operating standards - The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the areas of quality, cost, safety, planning, customer satisfactions, supervision, efficiency, and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the manager.
• Personal growth - Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the manager and supervisor.
• Employee relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect, and communication.
• Creativity – This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled” or “Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job posted by Pratt Industries company via Ziprecruiter.com. Don't miss this good opportunity! Free for applying Plant Accountant job