G.W. LISK in partnership with Remedy Technical and Professional Recruiting is looking to recruit a IT Support Technician for our Information Technology group to be located at our main facility in Clifton Springs NY. GW Lisk is a leading global supplier of custom solenoids, solenoid valves, LVDT’s, and flame arrestors for commercial, automotive, aerospace, oil and gas and military organizations. GW Lisk is highly vertically integrated, with manufacturing capability supporting low volume, high mix to extremely high volume product offerings. This growing business has over 500,000 sq ft of manufacturing space located in Clifton Springs, NY along with locations in Ireland and China. Competitive compensation, job stability, growth potential, training, Profit Sharing Bonus, Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP), 401-K and company sponsored insurance packages are all part of the excellent benefits extended to Lisk employees.
Position: IT Support Technician
Location: Clifton Springs
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Monday - Friday
Salary: Confidential / Based on experience level
Citizenship: Company is ITAR compliant American Citizenship or Permanent Green Card Status is required. HIB Visas are NOT eligible
Education: A.A.S. degree in applicable field preferred
Experience: 2 years minimum related experience required. Candidates with at least 5 years’ experience will be considered for a senior level IT Support Technician role. Mid-level and senior candidates are encouraged to apply.
Under the supervision of the IT Director, Installs, maintains, and provides technical assistance with the daily operations of the computers, tablets, hybrid and other “user” devices on our network. This includes:
· Security: Administering and supporting Microsoft updates and Virus protection to secure all company owned devices and prevent theft of G.W. Lisk I.P.
· Training: Provide guidance to users on the use of new technologies
· Organization: Keep inventory of equipment for future budgetary consideration and natural obsolescence of equipment.
· Responsible for the configuration and setup of computers, tablets, other devices along with associated peripheral equipment for each.
· Performs maintenance on all equipment/devices that require it.
· Assists users with problems/issues related to equipment/devices.
· Assists users with the use of software on equipment/devices (Microsoft Windows/Office, Apple iOS and “Apps”).
· Contacts software and hardware vendors to request service for defective products/equipment/devices.
· Assists in the continuous improvement and daily support of the IT department.
· Performs special projects for the IT Director as requested.
· Coordinated educational programs with company trainer (when necessary) and assists in training users on an individual basis.
· Contacts vendors to quote purchases of related IT equipment.
Qualifications (specify required or desired):
· AAS and 2+ years experience
· Sr. Level AAS and 5+ years experience
This job posted by Remedy Intelligent Staffing company via Ziprecruiter.com. Don't miss this good opportunity! Free for applying It Support Technician Direct Hire job