Job Description: Temp to Hire Staff Accountant
Service Champions is a fast-growing Heating and Air Conditioning company that is driven by our 7 Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Punctuality, Teamwork, Enthusiasm, and Accountability, as well as our “Good Deeds For Free" brand promise. Our corporate office in Brea, CA has an immediate need for a Staff Accountant to perform various accounting tasks, including posting entries, verifying and reconciling input to financial reporting system and preparation of financial reports. They will follow established accounting guidelines and procedures to accomplish duties, respond to inquiries and contacts other departments to resolve problems. The position supports the Director of Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
Anticipated start date: May 2017; 2-4 months, possibly permanent
- Reconciles and creates journal entries such as accruals, revenue recognition and all other necessary entries.
- Prepare accurate and timely statistical and financial reports
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Coordinate the funding process related to the customer financing collections, including the verification of application and funding processes and communicating with various departments on their related requirements.
- Assist with daily deposit tracker, download from credit card software and record posted journals.
- Process daily cash recording and scan daily deposits.
- Assist in the processing of payroll.
- Process daily cash recording and daily deposits, and reconcile bank statements with accounting system Monitors Accounts Receivable aging report and verifies funding received from finance company. Handles Accounts Receivable related transactions; enters cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports, including deposit tracker report.
- Assists the Director of Finance with administrative tasks as may be required from time to time, including assisting other team members to resolve accounting issues
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or similar discipline required(Will consider candidates that are in the process of completing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Experience with Bank Reconciliations a plus
- Experience with A/R and A/P a plus
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills, advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Knowledge of payroll policies and procedures, understanding of California labor laws is a plus
- ADP experience is a plus
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=SVCChamps