Founded in 2010, Spartan Race is the global leader in the sport of obstacle racing. Spartan races cater to individuals looking to test their physical limits and change their frame of reference for what they can accomplish, from everyday people looking to get off the couch and lead a fitter lifestyle, to elite endurance athletes who seek the ultimate physical test.
Summary of position:
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for vendor billing and payment operations. Responsibilities will also include maintaining vendor relationships while ensuring compliance with company billing policies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Input invoices as received through Zen Desk that are approved. Ensure proper account coding and related categorization to race, administration, branding or other project PLs.
· Verify date of service is recorded in proper period.
· Ensure that invoices are signed off and forwarded.
· Audit vendor information including payment terms and 1099 required information.
· Maintain W9s and ensure payments are not made until W9 is obtained.
· Maintain AP vendor files for completeness of all payments to vendor with supporting documentation.
· Follow up on invoices that have not been approved for timely payment within vendor payment terms.
· Maintain glossary of accounts for their respective vendors and types of charges to the account.
· Prepare new vendor information sheet for vendors with purchases greater than $50.
· Continuously improve the client Accounts Payable experience.
· Judiciously resolve payment conflicts timely with both the vendor and client in mind.
· Identify invoices for payment on AP Aging and prepare checks for approved payments by Controller.
· Strive to accelerate billing times.
· Adhere to routines, payment schedules and department deadlines.
· Set up new vendor accounts and maintain existing accounts.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in related area.
· Minimum of 2 years AP experience performing all functions.
· Sound understanding of accounting principles.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
· Familiarity with corporate payment practices utilizing different technology platforms.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Experience using Quickbooks and NetSuite preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Excel is a must.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Qualities required of all Spartan team members:
Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must therefore possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service minded. Team members at Spartan change lives, and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to our organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
· Ability to hold one-self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
· Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships
· Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product
· Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
This job posted by Spartan Race company via Ziprecruiter.com. Don't miss this good opportunity! Free for applying Accounts Payable Clerk job